Skin Care and why it is Important
Skin Care to Prevent Aging.
Tip to improve or keep skin looking young and healthy include:
- Staying hydrated, drink lots of water and avoid caffeine
- Nutrition, fatty foods can make your skin congested. Make sure you are taking in good fats such as avocado or nuts.
- Sleep, around 8 hours a night.
- Vitamins are a must; a multivitamin and something that contains biotin. This works for skin, hair and nails
- Lastly, skin care! Show your skin some love!
Skin care routines include a morning routine and a night routine. In the following I will discuss both, I will go over my own personal routine and tell you about some great products that I use and why they are so amazing.
Morning Skincare Routine
- Double cleanse. I use CeraVe Hydrating Facial Cleanser.
- Use a toner. This balances the pH of your skin and allows the remainder of the products to penetrate the skin and do their magic. My favorite toner right now is, Bye Bye Pores Leave-On Solution Pore Refining toner by It Cosmetics.
- Use a serum, preferably something with hyaluronic acid and vitamin C. Hyaluronic acid helps to minimize wrinkles and adds moisture to your skin. Vitamin C fades dark spots, stimulates collagen to tighten skin and fights off free radicals. I am using the Derma-E concentrated Vitamin C serum. You can purchase this from Ulta.
- Lastly you want to top everything off with a light moisturizer, something with SPF. There are several tinted moisturizers on the market right now. I use them over a foundation. We all know as your skin matures, the less the better. Derma-E is again one of my favorites. It is a BB cream with 30 SPF. It is very light on the skin but enough coverage without having to go over with a foundation.
- If you are going to follow up with a full face of make up allow your skincare about 15 minutes to really skin into the skin.
Nighttime Skincare Routine
- You an oil cleanser to remove your makeup. I am currently using Farmacy Green Clean Make up remover. This stuff is amazing. You use just a little and rub it all over your face then wipe off with a facial towel. It is safe to even use on the eye lids. And it smells great!
- Cleanse your face with the same CeraVe you used in the morning.
- Use a toner, not the same one from this morning. A great night time toner is from The Ordinary. Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution. This toner is great for exfoliating and removing dead skin from the day. You can purchase this product directly from their website and their prices are amazing!
- Follow up with a serum. There are so many serums on the market with different ingredients. You have to pick a serum to fight whatever skin issue you are having. There are serums for wrinkles, enlarged pores, dark spots,sagging skin. Again The Ordinary offers a wide line of serums. I personally use two different serums from them in my night routine and mix them together. Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%, this product helps with wrinkles, congestion in skin and reduces the appearance of pores.
- Apply eye cream using the pad of your ring fingers. Lightly tap the eye cream around the eyes. Do NOT rub as this will actually cause wrinkles. The skin under and around eye is thin so you want to baby it. LancÃ´me GÃ©nifique Yeux Youth Activating Eye cream is by far the best stuff out there. You can purchase this at Ulta and rack up your points. I noticed a difference with-in a week of using this product. It helps diminish dark circles, hydrates and smooths any lines you have around your eyes.
- Next I apply a face oil. It only takes two small drops. I rub it together with my finger tips to warm it up then spread on my face in circular motions. Currently I am using Luna Sleeping Night Oil by Sunday Riley. I know you are probably thinking, oil, why would I put oil on my face. This stuff is amazing! Like miracle working amazing! A little goes a long way but your skin will thank you. It does everything. Reduces pores, fine lines and wrinkles, uneven texture, uneven skin tone, and signs of aging.
- Lastly I lock everything in with a moisturizer. At night I use a heavier moisturizer, Renewed Hope in A Jar by Philosophy. It contains an ingredient called myramaze which is a plant extract. It is referred to as the resurrection plant.
- Exfoliate using an AHA/BHA product. AHA is a chemical defoliant derived from various plants that removes the surface layer of dead skin cells. BHA helps clear black heads, minimizes pores and reduces milia. So think of AHA as helping the skin you see and BHA sinking down under the surface and working its magic powers. Again I use a product from The Ordinary, AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution.
- A weekly brightening mask is also a must. I love the 111skin Rose Gold Brightening Facial Mask. Active ingredients include Vitamin E, niacinamide, licorice root extract, silk amino acids and extract of rosa damascena. It brightens the skin, firms and tones, plumps and provides hydration.
I will not let age change me. I will change the way I age.www.solvaderm.com