7 Days 7 Post Challenge – Day 5
7 Days 7 Post Challenge - Day 5
Write a letter to someone about your life right now.
This is a hard one. Writing a letter to someone about my life right now means I have to put my life out there. So I am going to write a letter to the young adults of the world. Hopefully it will be inspirational and help someone, or at least provide a few laughs. Enjoy. XOXO.
Dear Teens, Twenty somethings, and young adults,
Let me start by saying I am 46 and do not know everything. However, I have experienced so much in my life including heart ache, sadness, joy, miracles, blessings beyond blessings. I have learned from many mistakes (always the hard way) and still learning. I have been tasked with writing a letter explaining my life right now. I will do that in a short paragraph and then offer some words of wisdom. So don’t stop reading…
Let’s see, well right now I am a nurse. I love my job and would not trade my career for any other. I love to write and currently working on my 3rd novel. The first two have done ok but not as much support as I would have liked. However, that has not deterred me from giving up on my dream of being a great author one day. I have been married for 25 years to my best friend. And I have two kids. One is 21 and the other is 16.
I suffer from anxiety. I call it functioning anxiety. See you would never know unless I told you. Here is a great article that explains high functioning anxiety. It explains me to a T.
Right now I am struggling to improve my health and well being. Physical health. I have a goal to lose a lot of weight and change my physique. This is probably one of the hardest things I have ever tried to do.
So what advice do I have to offer you?
- Have faith. Never stray from God and always pray and tell God your needs. Don’t forget to thank him either.
- Never settle. Listen to your gut. If it is telling you something than address it. You are young and have your entire life ahead of you. Don’t settle because you think that is all there is. That is never the case.
- Communicate. This is a tough one. Sometimes we keep our mouth shut because we are afraid of upsetting someone else. Don’t do that. Communicate your feelings. Ask those awkward questions. Put it all on the table.
- Do what makes you happy. So many parents might disagree with me on this one. But do what makes you happy. Don’t go be a lawyer because that is what your family wants. Of course if that is what you want then do it. But if you want to be say a bartender, then by gosh be the best damn bartender out there. Be that bartender that throws bottles in the air and catches then behind their back. Be that bad ass bartender that blows fire from their mouth! Whatever it is you want to do, be the best at it.
- There is not a normal. So stop looking for it. Normal is over rated anyway.
- There is no time line. You are not going to expire. I promise. If it takes you longer to achieve something or progress in life, that is ok. The biggest thing is that you are doing something with your life and MAKING PROGRESS.
- Learn how to compromise. Even trees bend when it is windy outside.
- Respect. Always respect people. Not just your elders but people. And turn the other cheek when someone is disrespectful to you. Two wrongs do not make a right.
- Don’t worry about what others think about you. That is their business, not yours. What they think is irrelevant if you know that you are doing your best.
Thank you so much for reading my blog. I am really enjoying this 7 days 7 post challenge started by Jessica. Please hop over and check out her blog and read her 7 days of post. Please check out the review section below and submit a review, leave a comment, like and share. I would love to hear your thoughts! XOXO.