2019 Year in Reflection
2019 Year in Reflection
2019 is coming to an end. This morning as I was thinking about New Years resolutions and things I want to accomplish, I decided instead to reflect on 2019.
This year had a lot of ups and downs. What year doesn’t though, right? But can you really set goals for 2020 without looking at 2019? So I decided today’s blog would be a 2019 reflection questionnaire. I will provide the answers based on my year and hope that you leave an answer or two in the comments on whatever question you choose.
2019 Year in Reflection Questions
- What is a bad habit you break?
- What is a new skill you learned?
- What is the last book you read?
- What have you learned about yourself this year?
- Any career changes?
- Did you travel?
- Conquer any fears and/or break out of your comfort zone?
- Name a few of the happiest moments you can remember?
- Did you start any new habits?
- Are you different then you were a year ago?
- How did you focus on your mental and physical health?
- What did you let go of?
- If you could go back to the beginning of the year, what would you tell yourself?
- Describe 2019 in one sentence.
2019 Year in Reflection Answers
- I feel like I broke several bad habits. The main one is over analyzing everything. I realized you will never have all the answers.
- The new skill I learned is writing! Creative writing. An example is this blog and my first book.
- The last book I read was Nine Perfect Strangers by Liane Moriarty. It is about 9 strangers at a health retreat. It is funny, witty, sad, and happy all at the same time. I will link it here.
- I have learned that I am resilient and that I am capable of stepping out of my comfort zone.
- I had a major career change this year. I left a company I was with for 7 years to start a new adventure. I was extremely nervous but it was the best decision. I love my new job.
- I traveled in January of this year. I went to Tennessee. We also did mini weekend trips to Savannah, Charleston and St. Augustine.
- I definitely broke out of my comfort zone by changing jobs.
- The first one the comes to my mind was practicing guitar with my husband last night. That made me happy.
- The saddest time this year was losing my mother in law. One day she was taking walks in her neighborhood for exercise, the next she was diagnosed with cancer. We lost her quickly and my heart still breaks when I think about it.
- New habits? Well I have attempted to start and maintain an exercise routine. I am scheduled for a Pilates class this week.
- A year ago I was questioning a lot of things in my life; career, relationships, etc. When I decided to stop trying to fix everything and just let things happen naturally, then those things just fell right into place. So I would say I am different now because I have learned to live for the moment and not try to plan every little detail out.
- Well I went to counseling for my mental health. Talking to someone who doesn’t know you is amazing. I started writing which is so therapeutic. Physically, well that needs improvement. Keto starts back today. Wish me luck.
- I let go of the past. Enough said.
- Spend more time with your family. Everyone should make that a priority.
- 2019 was a year of many changes and sorrow.
2019 Year in Reflection Conclusion
I hope you take the time over the next several days to reflect on 2019. Ask yourself some of these same questions. The answers may help you create your goals (or resolutions) for 2020!
And please comment below, share, and like. Stay tuned for future posts! XOXO
- Life is like a box of chocolates?!?!
- Lemons Equal Lemonade Right?
- The Fear of the Unknown
- Travel Nursing: My next adventure
- 3 Reasons You Are Afraid of Change
- 2 Amazing Sweet Potato Recipes!
- Happy Fall Y’all
- How to Achieve Your Goals
- Writer’s Block – What is it and what to do.
- The 4 Seasons of Marriage